Tocca is looking for the next key member of our team. We’re seeking an experienced and efficient VP of Engineering to help take us to the next level in our growth process. This position reports directly to the Co-Founder and CEO.
Here at Tocca, we care about collaboration and professional growth. That’s why we’ve created an open, action-based environment in which your only limits are your attitude and aptitude. You will have the opportunity to work with an inspiring group of talented, highly intelligent, internationally minded, curious and very passionate people coming from all walks of life.
We are building something new, with a different approach brining previous experiences together. It’s a big challenge, but you will never be alone. We always help each other and reinforce one another to achieve higher goals. If you are an open person and can work well with others and finds this appealing, come and join us.
We’re looking for a Vice President (VP) of Engineering with experience managing agile development teams. Our VP of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring that products meet design requirements, and deliver a consistent experience for users. You’ll be managing an entire team of engineers and developers, collaborating with the product manager, as well as guiding the company’s product vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards.
We embrace diversity! Our team comes from different countries, technical and educational backgrounds, and we welcome people from whatever origins and perspectives of life as long as they value teamwork and share our passion for building new solutions.
Tocca is backed by some of the most influential tech investors and is dedicated to providing a secure, private platform for individuals seeking better professional and personal contact management.
- Develop team structure and execution strategies, managing the overall software development lifecycle
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Be responsible for high-level plans for allocating departmental resources, increasing staffing levels, creating mentorship programs, hiring and retaining our first-rate engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical architecture and approach.
- Continue to innovate and overcome technology limitations to deliver a delightful customer experience.
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to ownership and your peers in the executive leadership team
- We’re small and nimble, you’re someone who figures out how to do the things that need to get done and gets them done. You participate, delegate, and accomplish
- At least 5 years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver highly reliable & scalable distributed systems
- At Least 5 years of experience with object-oriented design and agile development methodologies
- At least 2 years of experience as a manager of managers while leading multiple engineering teams
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improved code health and building developer tools
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures and test driven development
- Track record of retaining, developing, motivating, and mentoring highly effective teams.
- Experience with project delivery for complex, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects
- Self-directed and motivated to meet deadlines
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Conferencing platforms
- HTML CSS
To apply please email email@example.com